do you need a comma before and

Whether or not to use a comma before "and" depends on the context and structure of the sentence. In some cases, a comma before "and" may be necessary to clarify the sentence's meaning and avoid confusion.

One common rule is to use a comma before "and" when it connects two independent clauses (i.e., clauses that can stand alone as separate sentences). For example: "I finished my work, and I went home."

However, if the two clauses are very short and closely related, a comma may be optional. For example: "I came, and I saw."

In other cases, such as when "and" connects items in a list or two adjectives modifying a noun, a comma before "and" is generally recommended. For example: "I need to buy apples, bananas, and oranges." or "The big, red ball rolled down the hill."




Share on Google Plus

About hicham

hicham elaziz love games . apps and entertainment
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment